Dungeon of Dance
Dungeon of Dance: Buy on Tape
The Status Display
- LV The current Level number
- XP Your current score
- HP Hit Points. When you reach 0 HP, the game is over.
- EN Energy. Each time you move, you consume 1 Energy. When you reach 0 Energy, you will automatically consume 1 HP to gain 30 Energy.
Under these is your Inventory bar. You may carry four types of items: Up to 6 Armor, up to 1 Key, up to 6 Healing Potions, and the Magic Mirror Ball.
- Each Level has 3 Healing Potions.
- Press the Fire button to drink a Potion to heal 10 HP (up to your maximum).
- Warning! Healing Potions may not always behave as expected!
- You may carry a maximum of 6 Healing Potions.
- Each Level has 6 Food.
- Food adds 30 Energy, up to a maximum of 200.
- Each Level has 1 Armor.
- Finding Armor adds 5 HP immediately.
- Each Armor adds 5 to your maximum HP.
- You may wear a maximum of 6 Armor (for a total of 30 maximum HP).
- Each Level has 1 Key, which is defended by the Dragon.
- After you defeat the Dragon, you may acquire the Key.
- When you have the Key, you may open the Door to the next Level.
- Move to the Door while holding the Key to descend to the next Level.
Magic Mirror Ball
- Starting at Level 6, the Magic Mirror Ball will be hidden in the Dungeon.
- Exit the Level while holding the Mirror Ball, and you win the game!
- After you've won, you may continue to play new levels by pressing the Fire button.
When you encounter a Monster, it will challenge you to a Dance-Off. It will show you some dance moves, which you must repeat with the joystick. If you win, the Monster will be banished from the Dungeon. If you lose, you will lose a random number of HP, based on the Monster's Strength and the current Level. More info about Monsters:
Goblin (Strength 1)
- Each Level has 8 Goblins.
- Dance Length: 1 step per Level, maximum of 4 steps.
- Damage: Up to 1 HP per Level, minimum of 1.
- When you defeat a Goblin, there is a 25% chance that it will drop Food.
- A defeated Goblin is banished from the Dungeon until the next Level.
Wraith (Strength 2)
- Each Level has 3 Wraiths.
- Dance Length: 1 step per Level + 1, maximum of 6 steps.
- Damage: Up to 2 HP per Level, minimum of 2.
- When you lose to a Wraith, there is a 25% chance that it will steal your map.
- When you defeat a Wraith, it is not banished; it finds a new place to haunt.
- When you defeat a Wraith, you will gain 1 HP.
Dragon (Strength 3)
- Each Level has 1 Dragon, and it is always in the center of the Dungeon.
- Dance Length: 1 step per Level + 2.
- Damage: Up to 3 HP per Level, minimum of 3.
- When you defeat the Dragon, it drops the Key to the Door.
- Try not to leave a Level without finding the Armor. You'll want as much as possible.
- Heed your maximum HP (5 x Armor) to optimize the value of Healing Potions.
- Heed the maximum damage (Strength x Level). Use Healing Potions before a Dance-Off.
- Engage with Goblins, because they're easy to beat and might have Food.
- On higher levels, when the risk-to-reward ratio is low, avoid engaging Wraiths.
- If a Dragon's pattern is too difficult, engage a lower-Strength monster to change the Dragon's pattern.
© 1980, Beige Maze